The Apache Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the 4.5.0 release. Phoenix is a relational database layer on top of Apache HBase accessed as a JDBC driver for querying, updating, and managing HBase tables using SQL. The 4.x releases are compatible with HBase 0.98/1.0/1.1.
Here are some of the highlights of the 4.4 and 4.5 releases:
- Spark Integration (4.4)
- User Defined Functions to allow users to create and deploy their own custom or domain-specific functions to the cluster (4.4)
- Query Server to enable a thin driver to connect to a dedicated query server node (4.4)
- Pherf tool for performance and functional testing at scale (4.4)
- Support for UNION ALL construct (4.4)
- 7.5x performance improvement for non aggregated, un-ordered queries (4.4)
- Asynchronous index population through map-reduce based index builder (4.5)
- Support for SELECT without FROM clause (4.5)
- Support for adding column to table with views (4.5)
- Support for updatable view to extend primary key of base table (4.5)
- Collect client-side metrics at the statement level (4.5)
- Many new date, math, and ARRAY built-in functions (4.4 & 4.5)
- 200+ bug fixes (4.4 & 4.5)
Source and binary downloads are available here.