The Apache Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the 4.3 release. Phoenix is a relational database layer on top of Apache HBase accessed as a JDBC driver for querying, updating, and managing HBase tables using SQL. The 4.x releases are compatible with HBase 0.98.1 and above.
The release includes:
- Functional indexes to allow arbitrary expressions to be indexed
- Map reduce over Phoenix tables
- Cross join support
- Query hint to force index usage
- Set HBase properties through ALTER TABLE statement
- ISO-8601 date format support on input
- New RAND built-in function to generate random numbers
- ANSI SQL date/time literal support
- Query timeout support in JDBC Statement
- ~90 bug fixes
Source and binary downloads are available here.