The Apache Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the 4.12.0 release. Apache Phoenix enables SQL-based OLTP and operational analytics for Apache Hadoop using Apache HBase as its backing store and providing integration with other projects in the Apache ecosystem such as Spark, Hive, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce. The 4.x releases are compatible with HBase 0.98/1.1/1.2/1.3.
Highlights of the release include:
- Improved scalability and reliability of global mutable secondary indexes
- Implemented index scrutiny tool to validate consistency between index and data table
- Introduced support for table sampling
- Added support for APPROX_COUNT_DISTINCT aggregate function
- Stabilized unit test runs
- Fixed 100+ issues
Source and binary downloads are available here.