The Apache OpenNLP team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.9.0 of Apache OpenNLP. The Apache OpenNLP library is a machine learning based toolkit for the processing of natural language text. It supports the most common NLP tasks, such as tokenization, sentence segmentation, part-of-speech tagging, named entity extraction, chunking, and parsing.
The OpenNLP 1.9.0 binary and source distributions are available for download from our download page: https://opennlp.apache.org/download.html
The OpenNLP library is distributed by Maven Central as well. See the Maven Dependency page for more details: http://opennlp.apache.org/maven-dependency.html
Changes in this version:
- Brat Document Parser should support name type filters
- Brat format support fails on multi fragment annotations
- Remove MD5 hashes from Release process
- Use String instead of StringList in LanguageModel API
- BRAT Annotator service Fails to start
- Token model creation fails without at least one
- Update Penn Treebank URL
- Explain the new format of feature generator XML config
- Unify code to sum up input context features
- FeatureGeneratorUtil can recognize Japanese Hiragana and Katakana letters
For a complete list of fixed bugs and improvements please see the RELEASE_NOTES file included in the distribution.
The Apache OpenNLP Team