The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the
Apache Maven Plugin Tools, version 3.6.0.
The Maven Plugin Tools contains the necessary tools to generate
rebarbative content like descriptor, help and documentation. In addition,
it provides tools to write Maven Plugins in scripting languages like Ant
The Maven Plugin Plugin is used to create a Maven plugin descriptor for
any Mojo’s found in the source tree, to include in the JAR. It is also
used to generate report files for the Mojos as well as for updating the
plugin registry, the artifact metadata and generating a generic help goal.
You should specify the version in your project’s plugin configuration:
1 2 3 4 5
You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page.
- MPLUGIN-336 – broken in JDK 10/JDK 11 – IllegalArgumentException
- MPLUGIN-337 – Try to derive JDK requirements also from release parameter
- MPLUGIN-332 – remove plugin:updateRegistry goal, which is unused in Maven 3
- MPLUGIN-344 – Upgrade plexus-archiver 3.6.0
- MPLUGIN-342 – Upgrade maven-parent to 33
-The Apache Maven team