The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based
on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a
project’s build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of
You can find out more about Apache Maven at https://maven.apache.org
You can download the appropriate sources etc. from
the download page
Overview about the changes
- This is a regression release to fix some critical issues shipped with 3.6.2.
- Some license issues on binary distribution have been fixed.
- This Maven distribution is now Reproducible: if you build from source archive, with JDK 8,
on Windows, with
mvn -DbuildNumber=cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f packageyou’ll
get bit-by-bit identical output that you can check with sha512 fingerprints.
If you’re building on any Unix system, you’ll need to add
See the https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-reproducible-builds.html for more details.
For more information read https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.6.3/release-notes.html
Complete Release Notes
- MNG-6779 – fix jcl-over-slf4j license: Apache 2.0 instead of MIT
- MNG-6584 – Maven version 3.6.0 does not show ReasonPhrase anymore
- MNG-6759 – [REGRESSION] Maven fails to use
section from dependency when resolving transitive dependencies in some cases
- MNG-6760 – [REGRESSION] ExclusionArtifactFilter result invalid when wildcard exclusion is followed by other exclusions
- MNG-6765 – [Regression] tycho pom-less builds fails with 3.6.2
- MNG-6771 – Fix license issues on binary distribution
- The Apache Maven Team.