The Apache Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis v1.12.0.
New features in this release include:
- much enhanced support for custom layouts, using an optional separate XML layout file Xxx.layout.xml. This is similar in concept to the earlier support we have had for custom layouts through a .layout.json file, but introduces the ability to position object members anywhere using (bootstrap3) columns and rows. It also brings in support for tab groups, and allows object members to be included in the page more than once (eg a table view and also a calendar view).
- a change to the editing of objects: rather than an 'edit' button which toggles the entire page into edit mode, instead each property is edited individually.
- various new domain services. Some of these are in supoprt of the dynamic layouts functionality, others including new access into Apache Isis' metamodel. In addition, the DomainObjectContainer service has been deprecated, replaced by a number of fine-grained services such as RepositoryService and MessageService.
- a number of new mixins, to automatically surface in the UI an entity's id, version (if any) as properties, and actions to download the layout XML and other metadata actions. (These can always be hidden using either security or by writing a subscriber; see the migration notes).
- JAXB view models are now automatically editable by default.
Full release notes are available on the Apache Isis website.
You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo, or download the release and build it from source.
--The Apache Isis team