Welcome July! Let's take a peek at what's happened this week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield sunshine-y performance at 99.20% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration now open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe --14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
Apache Bahir™ –Big Data extensions for distributed analytic platforms such as Apache Spark.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Bahir™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/Kvrp
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.4 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.5.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/5.5.2
Apache OODT™ –Open Source Big Data middleware metadata framework.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® OODT™ v1.0 https://s.apache.org/z9pk
Apache Slider (incubating) –a YARN application that deploys existing distributed applications on YARN, monitors them, and makes them larger or smaller as desired.
- Apache Slider 0.91.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/slider/0.91.0-incubating/
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 5.5.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/5.5.2
- 700-page Solr Reference Guide for 6.1 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-6.1.pdf
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 2.0.0-M4 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.70 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
- [CORRECTION] CVE-2016-3092 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201606.mbox/%3C6223ece6-2b41-ef4f-22f9-d3481e492832%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that we're always looking for great ways to highlight Apache projects in our "Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to
... so now that you know, we're excited to hear from you ;^)
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Bangalore Mesos User Group will present Introduction to Apache Mesos on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #