February marks the 20th Anniversary of the ubiquitous Apache HTTP Server, the world's most popular Web server since 1996, and the flagship project behind the creation of the ASF. Here's what happened at the Foundation over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation. Events in 2015: North America (13-17 April/Austin) and Europe (28 September-1 October/Budapest)
- FINAL CALL: Travel Assistance applications close on 6 February http://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running 24x7x365.
- The Infra team's 2 million weekly checks yields 94.48% global uptime across all services http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations –the day-to-day Foundation-wide activities that support Apache projects and the overall ASF mission.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: October-December 2014 http://s.apache.org/fOb
Apache Flex™ – a highly productive, Open Source application framework for building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops and devices, including smartphones, tablets, and TVs.
- Apache Flex SDK 4.14.0 released http://www.apache.org/dist/flex/4.14.0/RELEASE_NOTES
Apache HttpComponents Client™ –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore. It provides connection management, cookie management, and authentication.
- Apache HttpComponents Client 4.4 GA released https://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpclient/RELEASE_NOTES-4.4.x.txt
Apache Jackrabbit™ –scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.10 and 1.0.11 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system rethought of as a distributed commit log.
- Apache Kafka 0.8.2.0 released https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with Portable Document Format (PDF) documents.
- Apache PDFBox named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association http://s.apache.org/Wsf
Apache Streams (Incubating) –a lightweight server for ActivityStreams.
- Apache Streams 0.1-incubating released http://streams.incubator.apache.org
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in JEE technology.
- Apache Syncope 1.2.2 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Are your software solutions Powered by Apache?
- Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby