Another brilliant week with the following accomplishments from the Apache community:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 December 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Introducing Success at Apache –a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". - Success at Apache: Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield "three nines" performance at 99.91% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP OPEN: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Session slides + photos available at http://bit.ly/2gTgdYK; recordings are being processed and posted at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Community Development –helps those new to the ASF and Apache Projects take their first steps towards being a part of the Apache community.
- REMINDER TO ASF COMMITTERS: please complete the Apache Community Development Diversity Survey (check your @apache.org email)
Apache Apex™ –an enterprise-grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream and batch processing.
- Apache Apex Malhar 3.6.0 released http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Hive™ –Big Data warehouse software that facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
- Apache Hive 2.1.1 released https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.6, 2.13.5, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.14 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache NiFi™ MiNiFi –a complementary data collection approach that supplements the core tenets of NiFi in dataflow management, focusing on the collection of data at the source of its creation.
- Apache NiFi MiNiFi 0.1.0 and C++ 0.0.1 released http://nifi.apache.org/minifi/download.html
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 1.8.13 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries in December? Apache Portable Runtime (16 years); Logging Services (13 years); Cayenne, OFBiz, and Tiles (10 years); Synapse (9 years); Camel (8 years); Aries (6 years); ACE (5 years); Flex and Wink (4 years); Helix (3 years); Falcon and Flink (2 years) --many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/
- Did you know that an immersive introduction to the ASF for newcomers is available at the Community Development (ComDev) site? http://community.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #