Happy Friday! Let's take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Security Report 2021 – the state of security across all Apache projects with key metrics, specific vulnerabilities, and the most common ways users of ASF projects were affected by security issues https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2021
Apache Software Foundation statement on White House Open Source Security Summit https://s.apache.org/jri14
- Next Board Meeting: 19 January 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 322 Apache Committers changed 1,963,025 lines of
code over 3,852 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Antoine Toulme, Claus Ibsen, Mark Thomas, and Dan Klco.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache Flink ML 2.0.0 released
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.16.9 released
Machine Learning --
- Apache TVM 0.8.0 released
Network Client --
- Apache Guacamole 1.4.0 released
-- CVE-2021-41767: Private tunnel identifier may be included in the non-private details of active connections
-- CVE-2021-43999: Improper validation of SAML responses
- Apache SkyWalking Kong version 0.2.0 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that more than 630,000 individuals have contributed to Apache projects and initiatives since the ASF's incorporation in 1999? https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/apache-in-2021-by-the
- Did you know that Apache DolphinScheduler won a "2021 OSC Most Popular Projects" award from OSCHINA?
- Did you know that video recordings from the 2021 TVMCon (Apache TVM and Open Source ML acceleration conference) are now available online?
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.