Happy US Thanksgiving week for those who celebrate. Let's review the activities of the Apache community since last Friday:
Support Apache –help keep Apache software for everyone.
- Thank you to the hundreds of individual supporters who are helping offset the ASF's day-to-day expenses and keep Apache software accessible to everyone. Please, consider supporting us today or during Giving Tuesday next week --every dollar counts! https://donate.apache.org/
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 December. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- SAVE THE DATE: ApacheCon North America 2019 will take place 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
- POSTPONED: Apache Roadshow DC/Open Source Job Fair. Watch this space for new dates.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield great performance at 98.60% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 442 Apache contributors changed 954,582 lines of code over 2,498 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Ravindra Pesala, Tilman Hausherr, Tellier Benoit, Xiaoyu Yao, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.15 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
- Apache Kafka 2.1.0 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Apache OpenOffice™ –leading Open Source office-document productivity suite providing six applications (Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math, Base) based around the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 released https://www.openoffice.org/
Apache Qpid™ –AMQP enterprise messaging implementation.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.38.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.92 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework.
- Apache Wicket 8.2.0 released http://wicket.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can find detailed information on all Apache projects, timelines and related stats at https://projects.apache.org/ ?
- Did you know that as Apache Tinkerpop approaches its 10th year, TinkerPop4 will be its next and final version? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that billions of dollars of business runs on Apache CloudStack, including British Telecom, KDDI (Japanese telecommunications provider), and Interoute (Europe's largest enterprise Cloud and network infrastructure provider)? http://cloudstack.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Operations Summary: Q1 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/qiKn
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Flink Forward China will take place 21-22 December 2018 in Beijing https://china-2018.flink-forward.org/call-for-presentations-submit-talk/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Block your calendars for ApacheCon North America: taking place in September 2019; announcing dates and details soon. http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #