We're ending the week with the following activities from the Apache community:
Support Apache –help offset the ASF's day-to-day operating expenses. Every dollar counts.
- Increase your support of the ASF with a corporate matching gift http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#CorporateGiving
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 July. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- 24-27 September: Registration open for ApacheCon North America/Montreal http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
- We are seeking Media and Community Partners for ApacheCon: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield popping performance at 99.76% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 479 Apache contributors changed 889,905 lines of code over 2,869 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Hervé Boutemy, Martin Desruisseaux, Stephen Mallette, Gary Gregory, and Mark Thomas.
Apache BookKeeper™ –a scalable, fault-tolerant, and low-latency storage service optimized for real-time workloads.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.7.1 released https://bookkeeper.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ DBCP –implements Database Connection Pooling.
- Apache Commons DBCP 2.4.0 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 2.0.1 released http://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –JMS client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org), based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.33.0 and Qpid Broker-J 7.0.5 released http://qpid.apache.org/
- [CVE-2018-8030] Apache Qpid Broker-J Denial of Service Vulnerability when AMQP 0-8...0-91 messages exceed maximum size limit http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201806.mbox/%3CCAP3WMuQfUAc9pP95Et_aQN5ko%2B6EYe4nYD7zwNXp8%2B5KPsz8XQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Tomcat™ Native –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDKs.
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.17 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can subscribe to the Apache Feathercast podcast feed to receive the latest recordings as they are published? Hear the voice of the ASF! https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Apache Flink website has been updated with more details about Flink's features and use cases? http://flink.apache.org
- Did you know that Indeed is using Apache Mesos to help their teams control their own deployment infrastructure? http://mesos.apache.org/
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF FY 2017 Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #