Hello, Friday. Let's look back on our Apache activities over the past week:
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Am I there yet? A n00b's perspective by Charles Givre https://s.apache.org/QyEK
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 April. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- Three official Apache events will be taking place this year: 1) Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin (join us at FOSS Backstage); 2) ApacheCon North America/Montreal (Registration now open!); and 3) Apache Roadshow and Job Fair/Fairfax http://apachecon.com/
- Travel Assistance applications now being accepted through 1 May for ApacheCon/Montreal https://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing "four nines" performance at 99.99% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 519 Apache contributors changed 1,000,559 lines of code over 3,088 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Karl Heinz Marbaise, Duo Zhang, Matt Sicker, Claus Ibsen, and Jeremy Mitchell.
Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Oltu retired http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCD6C954D-F93A-473E-9B2F-60C05231D532%40apache.org%3E
Apache BookKeeper™ –a scalable, fault-tolerant, and low-latency storage service optimized for real-time workloads.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.6.2 released https://bookkeeper.apache.org/
Apache Geode™ –a Big Data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
- Apache Geode 1.5.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ – a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ Solr –an Open Source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java search library.
- CVE-2018-1308: XXE attack through Apache Solr's DIH's dataConfig request parameter http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3C000001d3cf68%245ac69af0%241053d0d0%24%40apache.org%3E
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute Big Data.
- Apache NiFi 1.6.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Subversion™ –leading Open Source version control system.
- Apache Subversion 1.10.0-rc2 released https://subversion.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.30 and 9.0.7 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Tinkerpop has two new pieces of documentation: 1) Collections Recipe, and 2) Gremlin's Anatomy Tutorial? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that Huawei uses Apache Flink for its Cloud Stream Service? http://flink.apache.org/
- Did you know that cron expressions generator Cron Maker webapp is powered by Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- A look at the "Apache at 19" promo at https://youtu.be/Fqk_rlKiVIs
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19 April 2018 in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- We're teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #