We've had another cracking week at the ASF. Let's take a peek at what happened:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: rescheduled to 27 February 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Community over Code --we have just passed the 6,000 Apache Committer mark! https://projects.apache.org/timelines.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield "three nines" performance at 99.96% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
- Travel Assistance applications close 8 March https://www.apache.org/travel/
- Early registration and hotel incentives end 12 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america
- NEW: BarCamp Apache will be held on 15 May --be sure to plan your travels accordingly!
- Apache Committers: remember to register using your apache.org address + discount code to save even more!
- Recordings from ApacheCon Europe 2016 are being uploaded at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Geode™ –a data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
- Apache Geode 1.1.0 released http://geode.apache.org/releases/
Apache Jena™ –an Open Source Java-based framework for building Semantic Web and Linked Data applications.
- Apache Jena 3.2.0 released with Fuseki 2.5.0 http://jena.apache.org/download/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.5.4 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/5.5.4
- Apache Solr 5.5.4 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/5.5.4
- CVE-2017-3163 Apache Solr ReplicationHandler path traversal attack http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201702.mbox/%3C73692BD4-E68A-48AC-895D-4A84B3EA4EF6%40apache.org%3E
Apache MyFaces™ Tobago –standards-based Open Source components library allows developers to quickly and easily create business Web applications without worrying about technical details.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® MyFaces™ Tobago 3 https://s.apache.org/2rTG
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 3.2.0 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache SINGA (incubating) –a general distributed deep learning platform for training big deep learning models over large datasets.
- Apache SINGA 1.1.0 released http://singa.apache.org/en/downloads.html
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
- Apache Storm 1.0.3 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Traffic Server™ –a high-performance Web proxy cache that improves network efficiency and performance by caching frequently-accessed information at the edge of the network.
- Apache Traffic Server 6.2.1 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Did You Know?
- Did you know that over the past 5 days there were 119,591 downloads of #Apache source distributions from 173 countries?
- Did you know that standalone tracks taking place alongside ApacheCon include Apache: Big Data, Flex Project Summit, TomcatCon, Apache: IoT, and CloudStack Collaboration Conference? Join us! http://apachecon.com/
- Did you know that we've launched a new #LoveApache campaign on Twitter? Feedback welcome from individuals, projects, and organizations https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/831134005105979396
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conferenxe, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #