ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 February. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield ace performance at 99.69% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 519 Apache contributors changed 1,071,102 lines of code over 3,235 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jeff Elsloo, Tellier Benoit, Andi Huber, Junkai Xue, and Gary Gregory.
Apache Guacamole™ –a clientless remote desktop gateway that supports standard protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH.
- Apache Guacamole 0.9.14 released https://guacamole.apache.org/
Apache HttpComponents™ –a set of HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 transport components used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- Apache HttpComponents Client 4.5.5 GA released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit 1.0.41 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.28 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi MiNiFi 0.4.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and SQL-based operational analytics for Apache Hadoop.
- Apache Phoenix 4.13.2 for CDH 5.11.2 released http://phoenix.apache.org/
Apache Taverna (incubating) –domain-independent suite of tools used to design and execute data-driven scientific workflows, combining WSDL/REST Web Services and local tools.
- Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating released https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.84, 8.0.49, 8.5.27, and 9.0.4 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that in 2017 the Top 10 most active Apache project mailing lists (dev + user) were, in order: Flex, Lucene, Ignite, Kafka, Geode, Flink, Tomcat, Cassandra, Beam, and Sentry? https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Did you know that the 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage 13-14 June in Berlin? https://foss-backstage.de/
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It's Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The Apache Wicket community will be holding a MeetUp on 24 January in Hydrabad https://www.meetup.com/jughyderabad/events/246743640/?_cookie-check=sA8sdSu69o0Dk0zY
- The ASF will be back at FOSDEM in Brussels 3-5 February 2018. We'll see you there! https://fosdem.org/2018/
- The ASF is a Developer Week Community Partner 3-7 February in San Franciso https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/apache-software-foundation-community-sponsor
- The Apache Tinkerpop community will be holding a MeetUp on Gremlin on 21 February in New York https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-UserGroup-NewYork/events/246762770/
- Apache CloudStack will be holding their first German Meetup on 28 February 2018 in Frankfurt https://www.meetup.com/german-CloudStack-user-group/events/246861772/?eventId=246861772
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #