- Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation by Luke Han https://s.apache.org/dAlg
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 September. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
ASF Infrastructure –our mighty distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield shazam performance at 99.85% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 460 Committers changed 1,011,972 lines of code over 2,764 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Jian He, Samarth Jain, Francesco Chicchiriccò, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Bahir™ –extensions to distributed analytic platforms such as Apache Spark.
- Apache Bahir 2.2.0 released http://bahir.apache.org
Apache Chemistry™ cmislib –provides Open Source implementations of the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification.
- Apache Chemistry cmislib 0.6.0 released http://chemistry.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ –Commons CSV reads and writes files in variations of the Comma Separated Value (CSV) format.
- Apache Commons CSV 1.5 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –HTTP transport library including support for asynchronous execution based on Java NIO.
- Apache HttpComponents Core 5.0 alpha4 released http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.18 and Jackrabbit 2.6.9 released and Jackrabbit 2.4 retired http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.6.1 and Solr 6.6.1 released https://lucene.apache.org/
Apache MXNet (incubating) –a flexible and efficient library for deep learning.
- Apache MXNet (incubating) 0.11.0 released http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library which enables developers to implement OData service providers (server) and consumers (clients).
- Apache Olingo 4.4.0 released http://olingo.apache.org/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 3.3.1 released http://openmeetings.apache.org
Apache Qpid™ – a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.21.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Struts™ –Open Source framework for creating Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.3.34 and 2.5.13 General Availability with Security Fixes released http://struts.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDKs.
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.14 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Traffic Server™ –a high performance, scalable HTTP Intermediary and proxy cache.
- Apache Traffic Server v7.1.1 released https://trafficserver.apache.org/
Apache VCL™ –a self-service system used to dynamically provision and broker remote access to a dedicated compute environment for an end-user.
- Apache VCL 2.5 released http://vcl.apache.org/
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework.
- Apache Wicket 6.27.1 released http://wicket.apache.org
- Did you know that Netflix uses Apache Tinkerpop for storing and querying highly-interconnected data at scale? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that The New York Times uses Apache Kafka to store and process every article ever published? http://kafka.apache.org/
- Did you know that Emirates Reit Real Estate Investment Trust uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Check out the latest Apache Community Development newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-july-2017
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- TomcatCon will be held 25 September in London https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tomcatcon-london-2017-tickets-36683639754
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- The Apache community will be at All Things Open --stop by the ASF booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh https://allthingsopen.org/
- Learn about Apache Atlas, AriaTosca (incubating), Hadoop YARN, Kafka, ManifoldCF, Ranger, Spot (incubating), Thrift, and more at Open Source Summit Europe + ELC Europe 2017 23-26 October in Prague https://osseu17.sched.com/
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #