It's Friday! Here's what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
Support Apache –with more than 65 Million lines of code committed over the past year alone, Apache projects need your help to remain open, free, and accessible to all. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 August. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Annual Report for 2017 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/IDn5
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield spry performance at 91.81% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Commons Email™ –library for sending e-mail from Java.
- Apache Commons Email 1.5 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-email/
- CVE-2017-9801: Apache Commons Email SMTP header injection vulnerabilty http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201708.mbox/%3C87lgn3nnr2.fsf%40v45346.1blu.de%3E
Apache Curator™ –Big Data Java/JVM client library for Apache ZooKeeper, a distributed coordination service.
- Apache Curator 4.0.0 released http://curator.apache.org
Apache Guacamole (incubating) –a clientless remote desktop gateway which supports standard protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH.
- Apache Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating released http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.15.5 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.5 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Juneau (incubating) –a toolkit for marshalling POJOs to a wide variety of content types using a common framework, and for creating sophisticated self-documenting REST interfaces and microservices using very little code.
- Apache Juneau 6.3.1 (incubating) http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Log4j™ –provides logging services for Java.
- Apache Log4j Scala API v11.0 released http://logging.apache.org/log4j
Apache Mynewt™ –a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
- Apache Mynewt 1.1.0 released http://mynewt.apache.org/
Apache Polygene™ –Open Source Composite Oriented Programming platform and tools offer simple, easy-to-use enterprise-grade alternative to Java Persistence API.
- The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache Polygene v3.0 https://s.apache.org/615I
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of Big Data.
- Apache Storm 1.0.4 and 1.1.1 released http://storm.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can save 25% off registration to DataWorks/Hadoop Summit Sydney by using discount code HWX25? https://dataworkssummit.com/sydney-2017/attend/
- Did you know that that Chinese Academy of Sciences Cloud Computing & Guangdong Hongda Com uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
- Did you know that over the past year Apache Kafka has had a 260% jump in developer popularity? http://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be
- If you're looking for the ASF on social media, we're @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation (follows/re-tweets/shares/likes appreciated!)
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Check out the latest Apache Community Development newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-july-2017
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The CloudStack European User Group will be held 17 August in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-35565783215
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #