Happy Friday, everyone. The Apache community has had another great week. Let's review what we've been up to:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 October 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's
Technology Today since 1998.
- Our 2021 events are complete: thanks to all speakers, sponsors, participants, and planners for their great turnout!
- Presentations for ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the Apache Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 305 Apache Committers changed 2,145,460 lines of
code over 2,767 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Claus Ibsen, Jarek Potiuk, Tilman Hausherr, Tamas Cservenak, and Jacques Le Roux.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Business Intelligence --
- Apache Superset CVE-2021-41971: Possible SQL Injection when
template processing is enabled
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 released
-- CVE-2021-41830: Double Certificate Attack
-- CVE-2021-41831: Timestamp Manipulation with
-- CVE-2021-41832: Content Manipulation with
Certificate Validation Attack
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.21.8 and Oak 1.22.9 released
- Apache Syncope 2.1.10 released
- Apache Camel 3.11.3 (LTS) released
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.72 released
-- CVE-2021-42340: Apache Tomcat DoS
- Apache Traffic Control 6.0.0 released
-- CVE-2021-42009: Control Arbitrary Email Content
Insertion in /deliveryservices/request
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF has moved to CDN distribution for software? https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/apache-software-foundation-moves-to
- Did you know that Druid Summit will be held online 9-10 November? http://druid.apache.org/
- Did you know that the next 3Hx - Apache Hop (Incubating) Hot Hop Hangout will be held online 28 October? https://hop.apache.org/community/events/
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from ApacheCon Asia are available on YouTube
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For
a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.