Happy Friday! Let's take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 December 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- all videos from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.91%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 398 Apache Committers changed 1,767,303 lines of
code over 3,476 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Hugh Miles, Andi Huber, Mark Thomas, Ganesh Murthy, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache APISIX Dashboard 2.1.1 released https://apisix.apache.org/
Big Data --
- Apache Avro 1.10.1 released https://avro.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.24 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache Yetus 0.13.0 released https://yetus.apache.org/
Programming Languages --
- Apache Groovy 2.4.21, 2.5.14, 3.0.7, and 4.0.0-alpha-2 released https://groovy.apache.org/
- Apache Groovy CVE-2020-17521: Groovy Information Disclosure https://s.apache.org/k8n0d
- Apache Pulsar 2.7.0 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
- Apache JMeter 5.4 released https://jmeter.apache.org/
Web Conferencing --
- Apache OpenMeetings 5.1.0 released https://openmeetings.apache.or
Did You Know?
- Did you know that when we founded the ASF 21 years ago, we made a commitment to ensure our software is freely available to all users worldwide at 100% no cost? Today the ASF provides more than $21B worth of software developed by an all-volunteer community. Your tax-deductible contribution helps us continue our effort. https://donate.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Financial Times' real-time batch processing, stream processing, and analytics are powered by Apache Airflow, Avro, Kafka, Parquet, and Spark? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category#big-data
- Did you know that Airbnb uses Apache Druid, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Spark, Superset, ZooKeeper, and other Apache projects to power 1.5 petabytes of data in real-time? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category#big-data
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: November 2020 https://s.apache.org/Nov2020
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.