Welcome, November --we're opening the month with another great week. Here's what the Apache
community has been up to:
The Apache Month in Review – highlights of what we've accomplished over the past month.
- October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Oct2020
Inside Infra – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
- Meet Gavin McDonald --Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 November 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- ApacheCon@Home was a success https://s.apache.org/d3stb All sessions now online at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.77%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 401 Apache Committers changed 4,517,272 lines of code over 3,562 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Claus Ibsen, Gary Gregory, Andrea Cosentino, and Adrian Cole.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitor --
- Apache SkyWalking 8.2.0, Client JS 0.1.0, and Kubernetes Helm Chart 4.0.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.20.2 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache Commons VFS 2.7.0 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/
Natural Language Processing --
- Apache NLPCraft 0.7.1 (incubating) released https://nlpcraft.apache.org/
- Apache Lucene 8.7.0 and Solr 8.7.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Security Framework --
- Apache Shiro 1.7.0 released https://shiro.apache.org/
- Apache Shiro CVE-2020-17510 Shiro with Spring, a specially crafted HTTP request may cause an authentication bypass https://s.apache.org/lxsuw
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can support the ASF's day-to-day operations with a one-time or recurring donation? http://donate.apache.org/
- Did you know that Omnichannel Order Management Systems handle real-time inventory visibility and synchronization using Apache OFBiz? https://ofbiz.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Call for Presentations is open for Apache MXNet Day? Submissions are due by 16 November https://s.apache.org/4jbhx
- Did you know that Virtual Druid Summit will be held on 18 November? See "Upcoming Events" at http://druid.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.