We're wrapping up a great week in Miami at ApacheCon, with thanks to all our attendees, event sponsors, organizers, producers, staff, volunteers, and the greater Apache community of developers, users, and enthusiasts --we miss you already. Here's what happened this week:
Support Apache –if Apache software has helped you, please consider making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 June 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation. Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE
- Videos of keynotes + presentations are now available https://s.apache.org/AE3m
- Soundbites from the conference floor https://feathercast.apache.org/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield outstanding performance at 99.98% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Archiva™ –an application for managing one or more remote repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing and searching.
- Apache Archiva 2.2.3 released http://archiva.apache.org/
Apache Beam™ –Open Source unified programming model for batch and streaming Big Data processing.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Beam™ v2.0.0 https://s.apache.org/k5W7
Apache Buildr™ –a build system for Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and tools.
- Apache Buildr 1.5.3 released http://buildr.apache.org/
Apache CarbonData™ –an indexed columnar data format for fast analytics on Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark.
- Apache CarbonData 1.1.0 released http://carbondata.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Compress –library defines an API for working with ar, cpio, Unix dump, tar, zip, gzip, XZ, Pack200, bzip2, 7z, arj, lzma, snappy, DEFLATE, lz4, Brotli and Z files.
- Apache Commons Compress 1.14 released http://commons.apache.org/compress/
Apache Directory™ Kerby –a Java Kerberos binding.
- Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0 released http://directory.apache.org/kerby
Apache NiFi™ MiNiFi –provides a complementary data collection approach that supplements the core tenets of NiFi in dataflow management, focusing on the collection of data at the source of its creation.
- Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.2.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/minifi
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.6 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support and a lot more.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.23.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Apache Samza™ –Open Source Big Data distributed stream processing framework in production at Intuit, LinkedIn, Netflix, Optimizely, Redfin, and Uber, among other organizations.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Samza™ v0.13 https://s.apache.org/CSbJ
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for Containers technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.78, 8.0.44, and 8.5.15 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented web application framework that powers thousands of Web applications and web sites for governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more.
- Apache Wicket 7.7.0 and 8.0.0-M6 released http://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Autodesk's private Cloud is powered by Apache CloudStack? http://cloudstack.apache.org/
- Did you know that Formula 1 races have 1.5 billions of data points for per race, and use Apache Drill, Flink, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Kafka, MapReduce, Solr, and Spark for their Big Data architectures? http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/fast_car_big_data_code_motion_carol3.pdf
- Did you know that over the past month, 1,086 Apache Committers changed 5,147,842 lines of code over 15,487 commits? http://status.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh
- The latest Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-april-2017
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 20-21 June in Amsterdam and 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #