Farewell, July --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 August 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Registration is OPEN (and free) for ApacheCon@Home taking place online 29 September - 1 October. Join us! https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 414 Apache Committers changed 4,407,598 lines of
over 3,792 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Miller, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, Guillaume Nodet, and Shen Yi.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitor --
- Apache SkyWalking CLI 0.3.0 and SkyWalking Python 0.2.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.21.3 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache Commons Text 1.9 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
- Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.6 and JMS 0.53.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that there were 150TB+ in source code downloads from Apache mirrors (excludes convenience binaries) in FY2020? https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- Did you know that workflows for the Creative Commons Catalog project are powered by Apache Airflow? https://opensource.creativecommons.org/blog/entries/data-flow-API-to-DB/
- Did you know that, after two years in development, Apache Cayenne v4.1 GA is now available? https://cayenne.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: June 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/June2020
"Trillions and Trillions Served" – the documentary on the ASF
filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019 have been released: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" short https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" teaser https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” shorts https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
- Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.