Happy Friday! We've had a great week within the Apache community. Here's what happened:
Inside Infra – the interview series with members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
- Meet Greg Stein --Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 August 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Registration is OPEN (and free) for ApacheCon@Home taking place online 29 September - 1 October. Join us! https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.96%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 407 Apache Committers changed 4,357,953 lines of
over 3,609 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Andrea Cosentino, Mark Miller, Zhang Yonglun, and Sebastian Bazley.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache Atlas 2.1.0 released https://atlas.apache.org/
- Apache Calcite Avatica Go 5.0.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/ava
- Apache Druid 0.19.0 released https://druid.apache.org/
- Apache NiFi Registry 0.7.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/registr
- Apache Flink 1.11.1 released https://flink.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.4 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak
- Apache Commons Lang 3.11 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/
- Apache Geometry 1.0-beta1 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-geometry/
Programming Languages --
- Apache Groovy 2.4.20, 2.5.13, and 3.0.5 released http://groovy.apache.org/
- Apache Lucene 8.6.0 and Solr 8.6.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Web Frameworks --
- Apache Wicket 7.17.0 released https://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache projects' ongoing sustainability is ensured through the generosity of our Sponsors and individual donors, whose support helps ensure that the ASF continues to provide more than $20B worth of software to the public-at-large at 100% no cost? http://donate.apache.org
- Did you know that projects undergoing development in the Apache Incubator are in a variety of categories that include AI, Annotation, Big Data, Blockchain, Cryptography, Data Visualization, Distributed Computing, Email, Embedded Systems, Geospatial Data, Graphing, Hardware Acceleration, IoT, Messaging, Monitoring, Natural Language Processing, Scheduling, Streaming, Training, Usability Testing, and more? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
- Did you know that you can learn about Apache Beam, Calcite, Camel, CarbonData, Groovy, Hadoop, Karaf, Labs, NetBeans, OFBiz, OpenOffice, PLC4X, Rya, Spark, Tomcat, Unomi, and more in the "Apache Innovation" short? https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: June 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/June2020
"Trillions and Trillions Served" – the documentary on the ASF
filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019 have been released: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" short https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" teaser https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” shorts https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
- Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.