As members of the Apache community is preparing to convene in Miami for ApacheCon next week, we continue to be productive. Here's what we've been up to:
Support Apache –if Apache software has helped you, please consider making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 May 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield forward performance at 99.82% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today: Big Data, CloudStack, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of Apache projects across 200+ sessions, 150+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. http://apachecon.com/ Register today!
- Support your favorite Apache projects and communities at ApacheCon by becoming an Apache Community and/or BarCamp Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache Arrow™ –columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate Big Data.
- Apache Arrow 0.3.0 released http://arrow.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ Fortress –a standards-based access management system, written in Java, that provides role-based access control, delegated administration and password policy services with LDAP.
- Apache Fortress 2.0.0-RC2 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –Java library implementing an HTTP client based on HttpCore components.
- HttpComponents Client 5.0 alpha2 released http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/
Apache Ignite™ –In-Memory Data Fabric providing in-memory data caching, partitioning, processing, and querying components.
- Apache Ignite 2.0.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
Apache OpenWebBeans™ Meecrowave –a light Apache web server based on Tomat and OpenWebBeans (à la microprofile fashion).
- Apache Meecrowave 0.3.1 released http://openwebbeans.apache.org/meecrowave/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 1.2.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
-Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.19.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M21 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Trafodion (incubating) –a Web-scale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Apache Hadoop.
- Apache Trafodion 2.1.0-incubating released http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/index.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that previews for ApacheCon + Apache: Big Data keynotes and select sessions are available exclusively on Feathercast? https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Did you know that over the past quarter, Apache source code has been downloaded more than 2M times? https://projects.apache.org/statistics.html
- Did you know that RiskCo finacial engineering and risk intelligence group uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh
- The latest Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-april-2017
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #