April is coming to a close with the following activities from the Apache community:
Support Apache –billions of people benefit from Apache software. We are grateful to those who support the ASF by making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 May 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield lyte performance at 99.92% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today: Big Data, Cloud, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of Apache projects across 200+ sessions, 150+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. http://apachecon.com/ Register today!
- PREVIEWS exclusively on Feathercast https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Support your favorite Apache projects and communities at ApacheCon by becoming an Apache Community and/or BarCamp Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Wink retired http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3CF9AFF103-D166-4E0A-BAA6-30341D780FB8%40apache.org%3E
Apache Apex™ –a unified platform for Big Data stream and batch processing.
- Reflections on the One Year Anniversary of Apache Apex http://www.atrato.io/blog/2017/04/25/one-year-apex/
Apache cTAKES™ –Widely adopted Open Source biomedical data extraction, annotation, and clinical information management platform now faster and easier to use.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® cTAKES™ v4.0 https://s.apache.org/OJJw
Apache Fineract™ –Open Source FinTech system for core banking platform enables financial services for billions of unbanked and underbanked individuals worldwide.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Fineract™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/QvFR
Apache Groovy™ –a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-typing and static compilation capabilities, for the Java platform aimed at improving developer productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax.
- Apache Groovy 2.4.11 released http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Apache MINA™ FtpServer –a network application framework which helps users develop high performance and high scalability network applications easily.
- Apache FtpServer 1.1.1 released http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
- Apache Kafka 0.10.2.1 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.2.1/kafka-0.10.2.1-src.tgz
Apache Libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple Cloud provider APIs.
- Apache Libcloud 2.0.0 release http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.5.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/6.5.1
- Apache Solr 6.5.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/6.5.1
Apache Metron ™ –Open Source Cyber Security Data Analytics Platform used for rapid detection and response to threats at massive scale.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Metron™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/e4Uh
Apache Open Climate Workbench™ –a comprehensive suite of algorithms, libraries, and interfaces designed to standardize and streamline the process of interacting with large quantities of observational data and conducting regional climate model evaluations.
- Apache Open Climate 1.2.0 released http://climate.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache PredictionIO (incubating) –an Open Source Machine Learning Serverbuilt on top of state-of-the-art open source stack, that enables developers to manage and deploy production-ready predictive services for various kinds of machine learning tasks.
- Apache PredictionIO 0.11.0-incubating released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/predictionio/0.11.0-incubating/
Apache Qpid™ –newer JMS client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org), based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.22.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that shopping24.de uses Apache Solr for eCommerce search? http://solr.apache.org/
- Did you know that Capital One uses Apache JMeter, Apache Kafka, Apache Metron, and Apache NiFi in its security intelligence framework? http://jmeter.apache.org/ http://kafka.apache.org/ http://metron.apache.org/ http://nifi.apache.org/
- Did you know that Catalyst uses Apache JMeter as a load testing tool? http://jmeter.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM
- Introducing the new Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-march-2017 Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity . Do friend and follow us.
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #