Happy Friday! We're wrapping up another great week with the following activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 February 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- CFPs OPEN: Apache Roadshow/DC and ApacheCon North America https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.96%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 860 Apache contributors changed 3,062,286 lines of code over 3,401 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Dan Haywood, Andi Huber, Jarek Potiuk, Andrea
Cosentino, and Kaxil Naik.
Apache Incubator – the primary entry path for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the efforts at The Apache Software Foundation.
- Welcome APISIX, NuttX, StreamPipes, and TubeMQ as new podlings undergoing development http://incubator.apache.org/
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.25 and 1.8.19 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
- Apache Juneau 8.1.3 released http://juneau.apache.org/
- Apache Pulsar 2.5.0 released http://pulsar.apache.org/
- Apache HttpComponents Client 4.5.11 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that ASF Conferences has 6 events planned this year: Apache Roadshows in Washington DC, Chicago, and Seattle, plus Europe and China, as well as ApacheCon in New Orleans? https://www.apachecon.com/
- Did you know that in 2019 the Top 5 Apache Project repositories by commits, in order, were: Camel, HBase, Flink, Beam, and Hadoop? https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- Did you know that the German virtual coaching app Dranbleiben is powered by Apache Wicket? https://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.