Happy Friday, everyone --let's review what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The ASF welcomes Dave Fisher as a Director https://s.apache.org/vlu1t
- Next Board Meeting: 16 October 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- *T-11 days* to ApacheCon Europe
--TRACKS: Big Data, Cloud, Community, IoT, Machine Learning, Open Source Design, Servers, and more.
--KEYNOTES: European Commission DG DIGIT Director Thomas Gageik; Mastercard EVP for Global Cities Miguel A. Gamiño; writer/political analyst/activist Nanjala Nyabola; and ASF Founders Lars Eilebrecht, Cliff Skolnick, and Dirk-Willem van Gulik.
--SPECIAL EVENTS: BarCampApache, Hackathon, Movie Night, and more!
--JOIN US: https://www.apachecon.com/
- ApacheCon/Las Vegas p
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 402 Apache contributors changed 877,602 lines of code over 2,173 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Andi Huber, Krisztián Szűcs, Joel Bernstein, and Jiajun Wang.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- HttpComponents Core 5.0 beta9 (GA candidate) and HttpComponents Client 5.0 beta6 (GA candidate) released http://hc.apache.org/
- HTTP Server mod_perl-2.0.11 released https://perl.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that ApacheCon Europe Community Partners include the European Commission Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT), and whose director, Thomas Gageik, will be keynoting the event? https://aceu19.apachecon.com/
- Did you know that Apache Airflow and Druid (incubating), plus solutions based on Apache Ignite and Spark, won 2019 InfoWorld Bossie Awards? https://infoworld.com/article/3444198/the-best-open-source-software-of-2019.html
- Did you know that during ApacheCon North America, we collaborated with technologist/photographer Peter Adams on "Community Over Code. Code Over Community"? https://blogs.apache.org/press/entry/community-over-code-code-over
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.