The Apache community salutes the ASF's 18 years of Open Source leadership with ongoing productivity:
Support Apache –Apache projects benefit billions of users worldwide for less than $5K/project/year. Please consider making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 April 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Community Development –helps guide newcomers towards becoming a part of the Apache community.
- Introducing the new Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-march-2017 and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield twinkling performance back in the "three nines" at 99.89% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today. We're looking forward to seeing you the week of 15 May in Miami.
- Learn the latest in Big Data, Cloud, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of other leading Apache projects across 200+ sessions, 150+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. http://apachecon.com/ Register by 17 April and save $200!
- PREVIEWS on ApacheCon and Apache: Big Data, exclusively on Feathercast –featuring Roman Shaposhnik on IoT; Ismaël Mejia & Etienne Chauchot on Apache Beam; Mark Thomas on Tomcat; and Shawn McKinney on Java security https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Support your favorite Apache project and community at ApacheCon by becoming an Apache Community Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache Ignite™ –in-Memory Data Fabric providing in-memory data caching, partitioning, processing, and querying components.
- [CVE-2016-6805] Arbitrary File Read due to eXternal Xml Entity attack in Apache Ignite http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3CB39FC5C0-9AC5-4E84-A450-AFF690B74D9C%40apache.org%3E
Apache Libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple Cloud provider APIs.
- Apache Libcloud 2.0.0rc2 released http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Log4j™ –provides logging services for Java.
- Apache Log4j 2.8.2 released https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 6.0.53 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi
- [SECURITY] CVE-2017-5651 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3C63a584ba-4db7-85d3-0206-c1164b9d26c6%40apache.org%3E
- [SECURITY] CVE-2017-5650 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3C6d8077ef-1bcb-d07b-0bd0-f70ab0043faf%40apache.org%3E
- [SECURITY] CVE-2017-5648 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201704.mbox/%3C8a78e8fe-616e-1959-3c0e-26704fc72766%40apache.org%3E
Apache Twill™ –an abstraction over Apache Hadoop® YARN that reduces the complexity of developing distributed applications, allowing developers to focus instead on their application logic.
- Apache Twill 0.11.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/twill/0.11.0/src
Did You Know?
- Did you know that, over the past week, 518 Apache Committers changed 917,176 lines of code over 2,740 commits? http://status.apache.org/#commits
- Did you know that Apache innovation will be highlighted at ApacheCon and Apache: Big Data with presentations on numerous podlings, including Edgent, Gossip, Hivemall, iota, Mynewt, OpenWhisk, RocketMQ + more? http://incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know that HBaseCon ASIA will be held on 4 August in Shenzhen, China? http://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM
- We have been chosen as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Mentoring Organization for the 12th consecutive year --Apache Committer Mentors wanted! https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5416945173135360/
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The new Apache Community Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ Do friend and follow us.
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #