Farewell, July --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are updates on Apache community's activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 August 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- Register today for ApacheCon North America and Europe. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and Berlin! https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 821 Apache contributors changed 14,108,000 lines of code over 3,709 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Juan Pan, Gary Gregory, Andrea Cosentino, Tilman Hausherr, and Liang Zhang.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
- Apache NetBeans 11.1 released http://netbeans.apache.org/
- Apache Lucene 8.2.0 and Solr 8.2.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Version Control --
- Apache Subversion 1.9.12, 1.10.6, and 1.12.2 released https://subversion.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that ApacheCon Europe keynoters include keynotes by European Commission Director of Digital Business Solutions Thomas Gageik, Mastercard Executive Vice President for Global Cities Miguel Gamiño, and Political Analyst and Writer Nanjala Nyabola? Join us! https://s.apache.org/07g1l
- Did you know presentations from the Apache Roadshow/Chicago are now online? https://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation/
- Did you know that you can support the ASF at any time with a tax-deductible donation? The cost of a premium cup of coffee is what it takes to support a single Apache project for one day. Raise a cup! https://donate.apache.org
Apache Community Notices:
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/