Happy May! Let's take a look at the activities from the Apache community over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 May. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- Join us in Chicago: Apache Roadshow 13-14 May http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/ Learn the latest in AdTech, BigData, Community Diversity, FinTech, IoT, Machine Learning, "Made in Chicago" startups, Podling Shark Tank, and more!
- ApacheCon CFPs + EARLY Registration OPEN: 1) North America/Las Vegas 9-12 September; 2) Europe/Berlin 22-24 October http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- The Apache® Software Foundation Expands Infrastructure with GitHub Integration https://s.apache.org/7lio
- Apache and GitHub - a friendly PSA about awesomeness https://s.apache.org/Wkyw
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.93%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 429 Apache contributors changed 937,836 lines of code over 2,640 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, zhangduo, Ayush Saxena, and Chesnay Schepler.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Build Management --
- Apache Archiva 2.2.4 released http://archiva.apache.org/
- CVE-2019-0213: Apache Archiva Stored XSS https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7bcea134c3d6fa72cdc1052922ac0914f399f63f4690b7937b80127d@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
- CVE-2019-0214: Apache Archiva arbitrary file write and delete on the server https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/18b670afc2f83034f47ebeb2f797c350fe60f1f2b33c95b95f467ef8@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
- Apache UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 released http://uima.apache.org/
- CVE-2018-8035: Apache UIMA DUCC webserver cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability fix https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e738e3c87df558d62615687d5a409033d24f792783a2f339ed447314@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
- Apache Fineract 1.3.0 released http://fineract.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Apache Forrest and Geronimo (15 years); Tomcat (14 years); OpenJPA, POI, TomEE, Turbine (12 years); Libcloud (8 years); Giraph, Hama, and ManifoldCF (7 years); Phoenix (5 years); Whimsy (4 years); Bahir, TinkerPop, and Zeppelin (3 years); SystemML (2 years); and Traffic Control (1 year)? Many Happy Returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that you are welcome to join the free ASF Hackathon and Trainings hosted by the EU-FOSSA 2 project? Roll up sleeves and dig in to Apache Tomcat, PLC4X, NetBeans, SpamAssassin, and Karaf. 4-5 May 2019 at Silverquare Triomphe/Brussels. PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED https://bma-events.typeform.com/to/UfDIeW?bmauserid=xxxxx
- Did you know that select sponsorships are still available for the Apache Roadshow/Chicago? https://www.apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/ --drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Apache Community Notices:
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache SkyWalking community will host DevCon 2019 on 11 May in Shanghai (participate in-person or online) http://www.itdks.com/Home/Act/apply?id=2848&mUid=57437 (contact email@example.com for assistance in English)
- Apache Roadshow/Chicago will be held 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit in Washington DC 20-23 May 2019 https://dataworkssummit.com/
- CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #