Our final Round-Up of the month brings us the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 May. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Countdown to Chicago: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May. Join us! http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/
- CFPs + REGISTRATION OPEN for both ApacheCons: 1) North America/Las Vegas 9-12 September; 2) Europe/Berlin 22-24 October http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.93%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 417 Apache contributors changed 912,435 lines of code over 2,318 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Thomas D'Silva, zhangduo, Yuan Gao, Claus Ibsen, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitor --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® SkyWalking™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/6ji5
Development Environment --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® NetBeans™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/OfIm
Identity Management --
- Apache Syncope 2.0.13 and 2.1.4 released http://syncope.apache.org/
IoT/Edge Computing --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® PLC4X™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/ABqy
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.27.1 released released http://qpid.apache.org
- [CVE-2019-0223] Apache Qpid Proton TLS Man in the Middle Vulnerability https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d9c9a882a292e2defaed1f954528c916fb64497ce57db652727e39b0@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Version Control --
- Apache Subversion 1.12.0 released https://subversion.apache.org/
Web Frameworks --
- [CVE-2019-0186] (Apache Portals) The input fields of the Chat Room demo are vulnerable to Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attacks https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f715aa08c3d3be766a52e627810bc59b3c4c9a858a710960a66e8919@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can join the free ASF Hackathon hosted by the EU-FOSSA 2 project? Meet members of the Apache community and get involved with Apache projects such as Tomcat, PLC4X, and more. 4-5 May 2019 at Silverquare Triomphe/Brussels. PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED https://eufossahackathon.bemyapp.com/
- Did you know that the Apache SkyWalking community will host DevCon 2019 on 11 May in Shanghai, and invite everyone to participate in-person or online http://www.itdks.com/Home/Act/apply?id=2848&mUid=57437 ? Those needing assistance in English are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did you know that select sponsorships are still available for the Apache Roadshow/Chicago? https://www.apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/ --drop us a line at email@example.com for more information!
Apache Community Notices:
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The Apache SkyWalking community will host DevCon 2019 on 11 May in Shanghai (participate in-person or online) http://www.itdks.com/Home/Act/apply?id=2848&mUid=57437 (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in English)
- Apache Roadshow/Chicago will be held 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit in Washington DC 20-23 May 2019 https://dataworkssummit.com/
- CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #