We've had a great week! Here's what happened:
The Apache Software Foundation Announces 18 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/DHlr
- We invite you to make a contribution and help ensure Apache projects continue to be freely available http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Welcome new ASF Board members Rich Bowen, Shane Curcuru, Bertrand Delacretaz, Ted Dunning, Jim Jagielski, Chris Mattmann, Brett Porter, Phil Steitz, and Mark Thomas.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 April 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield reliable performance at 97.26% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Learn the latest in Big Data, Cloud, Flex, IoT, Tomcat, and dozens of other leading Apache projects across 100+ sessions, 75+ speakers, 4 subconferences, BarCampApache and more. https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-tomorrow-s-software-today Sign up today and save $200!
- Become an Apache Community Sponsor at ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache ActiveMQ™ – the most popular and powerful Open Source Message Broker.
- Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 1.5.4 released http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/
Apache Atlas (incubating) –a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance services that enables enterprises to effectively and efficiently meet their compliance requirements within Apache Hadoop and allows integration with the whole enterprise Big Data ecosystem.
- Apache Atlas 0.8-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/atlas/0.8.0-incubating/
Apache Buildr™ –a build system for Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and tools.
- Apache Buildr 1.5.1 released http://buildr.apache.org/
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic Big Data management framework.
- Apache Calcite 1.12.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.12.0/
Apache Edgent (incubating) –a stream processing programming model and lightweight micro-kernel style runtime to execute analytics at devices on the edge or at the gateway.
- Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating released https://edgent.apache.org/docs/downloads.html
Apache FreeMarker (incubating) –a template engine: a Java library to generate text output (HTML web pages, e-mails, configuration files, source code, etc.) based on templates and changing data.
- Apache FreeMarker 2.3.26-incubating released http://freemarker.org/freemarkerdownload.html
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 1.2.5 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/hbase/1.2.5
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.5.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
- Apache Solr 6.5.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Quickstep (incubating) –a high-performance SQL database that auto-manages configuration.
- Apache Quickstep 0.1.0-incubating released https://quickstep.incubator.apache.org/release
Apache Parquet™ –a general-purpose columnar file format supporting nested data.
- Apache Parquet C++ 1.0.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/parquet/apache-parquet-cpp-1.0.0/
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
-Apache Storm 1.1.0 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M19 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
- Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-alpha02 released http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-3.0.0-alpha02/version_3_users_guide.html
- Apache uimaFIT 2.3.0 released http://uima.apache.org/downloads.cgi#Latest Official Releases
Did You Know?
- Did you know that we just held the annual ASF Members' Meeting? This is where new Members are elected; results will be announced at the end of next month. https://www.apache.org/foundation/governance/members.html
- Did you know that Apache ActiveMQ, Ant, and Maven were named among the Top 50 DevOps Tools? https://stackify.com/top-devops-tools/
- Did you know that Apache's 100M+ lines of code (LOCs) were developed over 65,000 person years and valued at US$7B? https://s.apache.org/DHlr
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ
- We have been chosen as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Mentoring Organization for the 12th consecutive year --Apache Committer Mentors wanted! https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5416945173135360/
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The new Apache Community Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ Do friend and follow us.
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #