It's the final Friday of January already, and the Apache community is closing out the week with the following activities:
Thanks in advance for helping the ASF by taking a very short survey on The Apache Way https://s.apache.org/oxTr
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 February. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
- Join us: Apache Roadshow/DC and Open Source Career Fair 25 March 2019 http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield 99.98% uptime. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 453 Apache contributors changed 713,027 lines of code over 2,592 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Ravindra Pesala, Claus Ibsen, Tellier Benoit, and Duo Zhang.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Build Management --
- [CVE-2018-11803] Apache Subversion Denial of Service Vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201901.mbox/%3C60d59530-6950-35c5-d118-69e5549b7bf1%40apache.org%3E
- HttpComponents Core 4.4.11 and Client 4.5.7 GA released http://hc.apache.org/
Identity Management --
- Apache Syncope 2.0.12 and 2.1.3 released http://syncope.apache.org/
- Apache Yetus released https://yetus.apache.org/
Network Client/Server --
- [SECURITY] CVE-2018-1340: Secure flag missing from Apache Guacamole session cookie http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201901.mbox/%3CCALKeL-O%2B%3DRxbd0y%2BhSB9%3DY0N400A8sV2BiKgZfNsjGxZipA-uQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that there are 52 podlings under development in the Apache Incubator? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/#current
- Did you know that the first bank of French Polynesia, Banque SOCREDO, uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
- Did you know that you can learn more about ASF Gold Sponsor Bloomberg and their involvement in Open Source? https://s.apache.org/jKNc
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2-3 February/Brussels https://fosdem.org/2019/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
- CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #