Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here's a summary of what happened in August:
New this month --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Pinot™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/ft8p6
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Program for ApacheCon@Home 2021 https://s.apache.org/ACHome2021
- The Apache Drill Project Announces Apache® Drill™ v1.19 Milestone Release https://s.apache.org/bfhy6
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Annual Report for 2021 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/FY2021AnnualReport-pressrelease
Important Dates --
- Next Board Meeting: 15 September 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ApacheCon™ --the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998-- is being held twice in 2021:
- UPCOMING: Register for ApacheCon@Home - 21-23 September https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
-- Learn about the Community Track from Sharan Foga and Swapnil M Mane https://youtu.be/8cZF-gaE3a4
- Completed: ApacheCon Asia - 6-8 August --presentations available at https://s.apache.org/37n3z
Committer Activity --
In August, 764 Apache Committers changed 15,185,996 lines of code over 17,295 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Claus Ibsen, Alex Herbert, Andrea Cosentino, Harikrishna Patnala, and Kaxil Naik.
Project Releases and Updates --
New releases from Apache ActiveMQ (Messaging); Airflow (Workflow); APISIX (APIs); Camel (Integration); Commons (Libraries); EventMesh (incubating; Eventing); Flink (Big Data); Geode (Databases); Hop (incubating; Orchestration); Jackrabbit (Content); NiFi (Big Data); OFBiz (ERP/Enterprise Resource Planning); Portable Runtime (Libraries); Pulsar (Messaging); Qpid (Messaging); Roller (Content); ServiceComb (Libraries); Teaclave (incubating; Confidential Computing); Tika (Content); Tomcat (Servers); Traffic Server (Servers).
Apache Project Anniversaries in August: jUDDI (11 years); Any23, Lucene.Net, and Oozie (9 years); Ignite, Serf, and Usergrid (6 years); HAWQ (3 years). Many happy returns!
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. Linkis (Middleware) entered the Apache Incubator in August. More than three dozen projects are currently undergoing development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!