Weekly CouchDB meeting – summary
- 1.6.0 release: no new issues were found during voting on CouchDB 1.6.0 rc5
- BigCouch merge: significant progress has been made. Everyone is still encouraged to continue helping with building and testing COUCHDB-1843 branch. Further items for discussions will be sent to the mailing list.
- CouchDB Meetup Hamburg: the CouchDB user group in Hamburg has its own Google Plus Community and will have their next meetup will be on June 10, 2014.
Running views return nothing with CouchDB 1.5.1 (ongoing discussion; see thread)
Setup: code that creates database, documents and design documents with views and lists. When views are run, nothing is returned under CouchDB 1.5.1. When the same code is run against another CouchDB server (CouchDB 1.5.0), all views return the right responses and results.
Approach: the problem described here could be an error from a library not found while running an external process (CouchJS in this case). It turned out libmozjs.so was either not installed or not in a path searched by the dynamic linker. Once it is added, it should be ensured that CouchJS can be run, afterwards, CouchDB should be able to build the views without restarting CouchDB.
Discussion: Project by-laws (ongoing discussion; see thread)
The discussion about the by-laws is still ongoing, more updates have been made. They can be found here, your feedback is still very welcome.
Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0 rc5 (see thread)
The testing and voting for all systems is still in progress.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- Serve your documents from CouchDB as an OData feed by copying this design doc to your DB
- connect-couchbase – Node.js Session Store for Couchbase backed applications
- changemachine 0.4.11 – handle CouchDB change notifications using neuron
- changemate 0.6.0 – change notification for CouchDB
- attachmate 0.1.7 – CouchDB Attachment Helpers
- docuri 1.1.0 – rich document IDs for CouchDB
- follow 0.11.1 – robust, fault-tolerant CouchDB changes follower
- changes-stream 1.0.5 – simple module that handles getting changes from CouchDB
- couchmagick 2.0.0 – run ImageMagicks `convert` on CouchDB documents
- couch-db 1.1.0 – extendable CouchDB client for Node.js, with convenient APIs
- Integrate your Java application with CouchDB (tutorial)
- Get up and running with CouchDb and C# using MyCouch on Windows
- Managing CouchDB with CloverETL
- Who stole my JOINs? – CouchDB doesn’t provide the option of doing joins, however it’s often possible to achieve a similar result using appropriate sorting & ordering within your view, using complex or compound keys and view collation. Here are some explanations and examples to refer to:
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow: bad_utf8_character_code Error When Pushing with Erica to CouchDB (no public answer yet)
- Stack Overflow: Difficulty authenticating to CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB installed from source binary 1.5.1 doesn't stop from /etc/init.d/couch stop call
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB authentication fails from ajax call (no public answer yet)
- Stack Overflow: how can we check username exist or not in CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: IrisCouch CouchDB not responding http request on specified port
- Stack Overflow: Pouch DB: database size
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB, how to get document changes only
- Stack Overflow: How To Get Parent Details In CouchDB? (no public answer yet)
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB - _replicator issue when basic auth with url-encoded values (no public answer yet)
- Google Groups: Help: AngularJS delete(id) REST(CouchDB)
- Couchbase: Can CouchDB server replicate with CouchBase Server via Sync Gateway?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- Here's a list of beginner tickets around our currently ongoing Fauxton-implementation. If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to contact us in the couchdb-dev IRC room (#couchdb-dev) – Garren (garren) and Sue (deathbear) are happy to help.
We'd be happy to have you!
- June 10, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup #2
- June 16-17, San Francisco, USA: CloudantCON | tickets (discounted rate)
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Bidding platform: building a CouchDB Webservice, no location specified
- Mobile and Web Software Application Developer, Durham, NC, USA
… and also in the news
- Aiming for open source technology that is gorgeous and provides great UX
- The tyranny of structurelessness
- On Decentralisation
Posted on behalf of Lena Reinhard.